Thursday 7 June 2012

Sunday Dinner: Clams and Mushroom Soup

If you read my previous post, then you must’ve known that I planned to cook the clams for lunch. But again, I get sleepy in the afternoon and decided to take a nap—a nap that went too long. Gosh, all those waking up in the morning to shop and make breakfast really drain my energy :p


Anyway, at first I planned to make farfalle with creamy clam sauce. But I decided to try something else. Soup! I never cook cream soup at all. And all the recipe I found in the internet were involving wine, sherry, or any other ingredients that I don’t have and quite hard to find in my country. So I brace my self and decided to improvise with this recipe. 


I made Clams and Mushroom Soup and add a scoop of mashed potato on the side. The recipe is simple. It’s just an improved recipe of the béchamel sauce.






Serving portion: 3
Cooking time: 1 hr


Soup Ingredients:
- Milk.
- Flour.
- Handful of Clams.
- Mushroom, sliced or diced, anything you like.
- Parsley.
- Beef stock (I use Royco beef flavored, a some kind of flavor enhancement powder, since I don’t have any home-made beef stock.)
- Butter.
- 4 cloves of Garlic (I just love garlic!)
- Half of Onion.
- Freshly ground black pepper.
- Salt to taste.


And now, how to make it:
1. Heat pan. Add butter, garlic, onions, and mushrooms until well cooked.
2. Add clams and parsley. Cook for about 3 minutes.
3. Add flour and cook until all mix well.
4. Add the beef stock, or in my case, water and then the beef flavor enhancement powder, and milk. Let it thicken.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve it nice and hot.


I don’t really know how to make a good soup. I just improvise my ways. And it turns out to be okay. At first, my soup was still taste fishy from the clams. So I add extra black pepper and cook it a bit longer. But hey, it works! Grazie a Dio. Otherwise, the soup will go straight to the drain :p


Oh, I almost forgot the mashed potato. You can see the recipe here. Enjoy!




Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment