Wednesday 6 June 2012

Stack'em Good!


So, on Sunday, I made a twist with yesterday’s brunch. I made French toast with fried egg and smoked beef, and drizzled with mornaise sauce. And plus, my fav of this week, grilled tomato and onion.


A mornaise sauce is actually a béchamel sauce with added grated cheese. Usually, it consists of half Gruyère and half Parmesan cheese, though some variations use different combinations of Gruyère, Emmental cheese, or white Cheddar. Got the recipe, again, from Chuck’s Day Off.


It is easy to make and can make your tummy full for quite a long time.


So, let’s begin the recipe.





Serving portion: 2

Cooking time: 30 mins


French Toast
- Bread, any kind. I use the leftover wheat bread from yesterday.
- Margarine
- Milk
- 1 Egg


1. Whisk milk and egg.
2. Put the bread on egg mixture until it soaks the liquid.
3. Heat pan and add margarine.
4. Fry the bread until brown on each side.


Just make the regular fried egg. Then crisp the smoked beef. And as for the mornaise sauce, you can make the béchamel sauce then add grated cheese at the end. Check the béchamel recipe here. I know it supposed to use half of gruyere and half of parmesan. But since I cook on a tight budget, again, I just use cheddar.  No problem at all. 


You can also check my grilled tomato and onion recipe here.


Then all you need to do is stack'em! Add another grated cheese on top just for fun and garnish with parsley.


There you go. It’s an easy dish and I bet everyone can make it.


Btw, I bought some clams in the morning and I plan to make lunch with some leftover farfalle with clam sauce. Better start googling for “easy clam sauce recipe”now.

PS. I'm thinking of making this as my weekend project. Well, if I have nothing else to do of course. How bout it? Sounds good, no?


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment