Tuesday 5 June 2012

Farfalle Aglio Olio con Gamberi e Funghi


As my promise yesterday, this is my dinner recipe. Farfalle Aglio Olio con Gamberi e Funghi. Well that's just the fancy name, the normal name would be Farfalle Aglio Olio with Prawns and Mushroom :p


Actually this is my lunch menu. But, because I got so sleepy in the afternoon (because I had to woke up so early to shop. sigh.) and decided to take a nap, which turns out into a very long nap and I woke up at 6.30 pm, so I cooked this dish for dinner. 


Bored with spaghetti and fettuccini, I decide to go with farfalle. Farfalle are a type of pasta. Commonly known as "bow-tie pasta," the name is derived from the Italian word farfalla (butterfly). (source: wikipedia.com)


The bow-tie pasta. Lovely isn't it?






I decided to cook it on aglio-olio style and with prawns and mushroom.  Here’s the recipe. Trust me, it’s so easy!






Serving portion: 3
Cooking time: 30 mins


- Half package of farfalle pasta (about 250 grams)
- Olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- Half onion, chopped
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Mushroom, chopped
- Prawns, cleaned, peeled and devined
- Smoked beef, diced and crispy fried
- Chili powder
- Red chili
- Tomato, diced
- Salt and pepper


  1. Cook pasta in salted boiling water until al dente and then drain and set aside.
  2. Heat saucepan then adds olive oil, garlic, onion, chili powder, red chili, parsley, and mushrooms. Cooked till mushroomsbegin to brown. 
  3. Add prawns to the mixture. Cooked through.
  4. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for about 5 mins. Toss regularly. Add chopped        tomatoes just t heat. 
  5. Pour the mixture into pasta and mix well.
  6. Add grated cheese on top if you like.
  7. Add parsley for garnish.

I also make some garlic bread as a starter. Too bad I forgot to take picture of them. 
For the garlic bread, I made the very simple one using wheat bread.


Garlic Bread
- 4 wheat breads. Lose the crust. Cut into quarter.
- Margarine.
- 4 cloves of garlic. Finely chopped.
- Parsley. Finely chopped.


1. Mix margarine, garlic and parsley.
2. Spread over one side of the bread.
3. Heat pan and grill the bread. Non-margarine side on the pan first.
4.     Let it brown but don't let it burnt.


That’s it, folks. Have it a go. Improvise. After all, cooking is fun! 






Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment